Saturday, May 26, 2018

Single Life

My heart is in a locked box of longing
like a POW in the solitary confinement pit

My PG&E bill is 65 dollars

I love this place
but goddammit I miss those soft buns

My writing projects move faster
because my nights are monastic quiet

My loins ache

Money has never felt easier to get

I'm totally going to hire house cleaners soon
make that a regular part of my personal economy
For at least the next eight years

Today my house was the cleanest bachelor pad in Chico
but I'd rather somebody else do it
I need to write and make art more
And I want to feel a little more taken care of than this

My closet is perfect
small and orderly
with guns in it
and no door

On my hooks I have outdoorsman backpacks
binoculars and waders
and overalls at the ready

On my dresser built in I painted two tone
I have a bottle of wine and a mug
for when I want some
like now

I'm going to build a display shelf
for my best-friend's glass craft
he's gifted me over the years
right in a window so it's back lit
the ladies I hire will dust them for me

I need some plants
get rid of a lamp I hate, hang one from the ceiling instead
put a big ass plant on the end table in its place
put on a record
write some more
age
get my gains
go from zero to whatever I want
in five years

Wear out some more 300 dollar boots.
Get those buns back.

No comments:

Post a Comment