Saturday, June 16, 2018

Saturday

This is almost perfect
sitting here and cranking out pages
the horizon in sight
the vanishing point opening
the land I've always held in vision
with patience and faith

With tripped out ambient Celtic music 
on my Roku Pandora app
the breeze blowing in
the cold mushroom pizza and Tecate from the fridge
my liquid mind
unleashed and unencombered
wholly undeserved and focused

I know I'm stubborn and willful
and this is why
it always works
I will have my beautiful life without limits
because dark times don't choke my spirit
my spirit can't be choked
failure is the best teacher
and I love living and failing and getting back up
I am one of those people that wouldn't waver
at the moment before my execution

The only thing that would make this better
is the woman
who is doing a similar thing
in a house 12 blocks away
and when I see her in her tiny house shorts
and her hunting lion eyes
I know that we'll be doing this together
someday
when the timing's right
when I conquer all of her doubts
  


No comments:

Post a Comment