Sunday, April 3, 2016

So Fuguckin Good

This weekend
I received the final notice of my marriage dissolution
it is so ordered, it said with a judge's signature in blue ink
the finality of the document
was like walking outside after being stuck in the DMV for over a year
air is so good  
and we raise our faces to the sun
to soak in the simple things 
we always take for granted
when we aren't trapped in a place

Then I sold everything
or nearly everything
the things I really want to keep either
do things I need done
or are small and printed
or are stored in the data farms
or are worn full of holes and smell like my armpits
oh,
and my twenty-five best records
I kept those too
Thank God
I almost didn't and that would have been 
a huge mistake

So everything happened this weekend
all the weight was shed
and now unfettered joy is possible again
I can feel it, the potential of really cracking up often
like the joy of a smiling dog
they are the masters of joy, when they feel it
their eyes say nothing else
like a boy who sees his father for the first time in a long time

I went to the creek with my beautiful woman
who understands all the things I say 
and who will never trade her leisure for money
or her health for worry
so she has abundance in all ways
and I've been learning a lot from her

It was time for us to relax 
so we went to the creek bank in the sun
and opened a Picante Chelada
by Budweiser
the King of Beers
The beer was cold 
mixed with Clamato and lime
a little bit spicy
salty with a hint of sweetness
and the umami of industrial food science
it was the perfect way to end my day
the day I got to say a final goodbye
to everything that failed me
or that I failed 
or both

Going to the creek I grew up next to
the creek that always moves with its ancient mind
no matter who loves it or who throws trash into it 
walking barefoot in the frigid, swollen creek
was the perfect way for me to celebrate

The Chelada was so good 
that after chugging some
I reclined on the dirty creek blanket
next to my beautiful woman who had some 
small bark pieces
stuck to her powerful thighs
I became so relaxed 
next to her, under the sun,
with the creek babbles and 
wild ducks quacking in love on the opposite bank
I became so relaxed that my words
flopped around in my mouth
because what I really wanted to say
was unspeakable

Instead I said
This is so fuguckin good


Sadie Rose knows 


No comments:

Post a Comment